Before installing VConnect resource provider, it is advised to validate the prerequisites to ensure successful deployment.
On AzS Development Kits, sign in to the physical host.
On multi-node integrated systems, the host must be a system that can access admin and tenant endpoints.
Open a new elevated (administrative) PowerShell console and change to the directory where the files have been extracted (c:\CloudAssert\VConnectMSM). Use a new window to avoid problems that might arise from incorrect PowerShell modules that are already loaded on the system. If you don't have this installer please reach out to our team and we will provide you with latest installer and trial license.
Ensure 2 certificate files (.pfx and .cer) [as in Prerequisites -> Certificate section] are present in the Cert folder as follows:
The file name must not contain any special characters
Only a *.cer and *.pfx exists in this Cert folder
The certificates must be placed in this folder every time before retrying the deployment
3. Backup the Cert folder, in case we have to retry the deployment need the files to be replaced here
4. Run following command to validate the prerequisites.
5. Provide the service admin credentials that has access to the default provider subscription ID.
6. Enter the default provider subscription ID.
7. Enter admin ARM endpoint.
8. Enter directory tenant name in which the service administrator account resides.
9. Enter the tenant subscription ID where the Cloud Assert resource provider components will be provisioned.
10. For the following prompt, If the service admin account has access to the tenant subscription ID, type 'Y' or type 'N' if the tenant subscription ID is only accessible by a different user.
11. Enter the service tenant account credentials.
12. For the following prompt, type 'Y' if the service admin account and service tenant account reside in the same directory tenant. Typing 'N' will open another prompt to get the directory tenant name of the service tenant user.
13. Enter user name and password for the VM that will be created during the deployment. These credentials can later be used to access the VM.
14. To configure multi-stamp capabilities, type 'Y' and 'N' to skip.
15. To configure Billing service and it's dependent components within the VConnect VM type 'Y', type 'N' to skip.
16. To setup SQL server within VConnect resource provider VM, type 'Y'. If the SQL server is setup externally, type 'N'. If opted to setup SQL server within VConnect resource provider VM, When prompted to use default SQL port number (1433), type 'Y' or type 'N' to configure port number.
17. The following prompt to get the Billing API service credentials will appear only if 'Y' is types in step 15. The credentials will be set to the Billing API service during the deployment.
18. The following prompt will appear to get the SQL server name only if 'N' is typed in step 16.
19. Enter the SQL server credentials to access the server. If the SQL server is yet to be setup within the VConnect VM (option to set it up in step 16), these credentials can later be used to access the SQL server in VConnect resource provider VM.
20. By default, the installers will create databases with name 'CloudAssert.VConnect', 'CloudAssert.Billing' and 'CloudAssert.DACM'. Type 'Y' to use the same database names or type 'N' to specify different database names. The databases will be created during the deployment if it is not already created.
21. By default, the installer will try to deploy the VConnect resource provider using Windows Server 2016 Datacenter VM image. To use a different image, type 'N' in the following prompt and provide the image SKU, offer and publisher in the prompts that follow. Type 'Y' to use the default image.
22. Type 'Y' if the stamp is disconnected and 'N' if it is connected.
23. Enter the password for the .pfx file in step 2.
24. Type 'Y' to validate SMTP settings which will be used post deployment to configure.
25. Enter the SMTP host name.
26. Enter SMTP credentials
27. Specify the email ID to which test email should be sent.
28. Specify the port used by the SMTP server.
29. Specify if the SMTP server uses SSL for validation.
30. Type 'Y' to validate offline repository settings which will be used post deployment to configure.
31. Enter the shared folder path.
32. Enter the credentials used to access the shared folder.
Once all the parameters are validated, the validation result will be visible in the PowerShell window. A 'InputParameters.dat' file will be created in the root folder which will be used for installing or uninstalling VConnect resource provider.