Ensure the following prerequisites are met ONLY in the specific stamp identified to install the Resource Provider UI. Rest of the stamps are connected to and installation of RP is not required.
Minimum supported version: 1.1910.0.0
- 1.Start download / ensure following necessary marketplace images are already present
Go to Marketplace Management -> Marketplace Items
1) Windows 2016 Datacenter
[Eg: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter - Pay as you use]
2) SQL Server 2017
[Eg: SQL Server 2017 Standard on Windows Server 2016]
For a disconnected / partially connected scenario, refer the above link to use the Marketplace syndication tool to download Marketplace items and later transfer your downloads to your disconnected Azure Stack Hub installation.
2. Create a new plan and an offer / identify existing offer that will be used to create a tenant subscription
Go to Plans -> Identify / Create a new plan with the following services enabled with default quotas
Go to Offers -> Identify / Create a new offer associating with the above plan in Base Plans -> Make it Public (or) Private based on operator's choice and use
- 1.Go to Subscriptions -> Create a tenant subscription / identify an existing tenant subscription created using the offer above in ADMIN PORTAL section
2. Select the Tenant subscription -> Resource Providers -> Register all the following providers
On multi-node integrated systems, the host must be a system that can access admin and tenant endpoints.
On ASDK, sign in to the physical host.
- Azure stack certification authority certificate file (AzureStackCertificationAuthority.cer)
- Certificate (*.pfx)
- For integrated systems (i.e. multi-node), a .pfx certificate is required. Refer PKI Certificate Requirements for more details.
- Place the file in Cert folder inside the install location (c:\CloudAssert\BillingRP). Unblock the .pfx file. Select the file, Right click -> Properties -> Unblock.
- For ASDK, certificate is generated as a part of the deployment. Password for the .pfx certificate should not contain the following characters: ^ ` ~ & % *
- Install Powershell AzureRM module for Azure Stack Hub (choose version based on the guidance below)
- Ensure that Azure Stack PowerShell version 1.8.0 is available for Azure stack version 1910 and Azure Stack PowerShell version 1.8.1 for Azure stack version 2002.
- Ensure there is ONE version of PowerShell installed to avoid errors during installation.
- Azure Stack service Admin account credentials
- Ensure the account has owner role for the Default Provider Subscription.
- In connected environment, ensure if the service Admin account has "Application Administrator" permission in Azure AD (Password should not contain the following characters ^ ` ~ & % *)
- Azure Stack service Tenant account credentials
- Ensure the service tenant account has owner role for the tenant subscription ID.
- SQL Server name, in the format, <IP Address of the SQL Server>/<Instance name>
- SQL authenticated user credential with sysadmin role for msdb databse.
- Name of the Billing database (CloudAssert.Billing) and Cost Management database (CloudAssert.DACM)
- The databases must be created prior to the deployment and it must be accessible from Azure Stack tenant network.
- It is highly recommended to have the databases in a performant SQL Server. Recommended system configuration is given below,
- Compute: CPU – 6 Cores
- Compute: Memory – 16 GB
- Disk Drive Type - SSD